Would you like to be a presenter of students’ views? During October, Laureamko is looking for student representatives for all degree development groups, the Master’s Degree Development Group, the Online Degree Development Group and the Examination Board. Unfortunately all current Development Groups use Finnish as their working language.
In these Development Groups you are able to give your opinions and influence how individual courses might look in the future or the curriculum over all. Also your voice might change the way the Laurea staff sees the education as a whole.
As a Student Representative you are able to get course credits and work life skills such as argumentation, negotiation and teamwork skills. Student Union Laureamko offers training for all the student representatives 4 to 5 times a year. The first training for new Student Representatives will be held on 27th of November from 5PM to 6:30PM.
Applicants will be required to communicate with Student Union Laureamko and to participate in training provided to Student Representatives. Your commitment for the whole year of 2024 will be seen as an asset in the application progress. The Student Union membership will also be seen as an advantage. We hope that the applicant has a genuine interest in the topic of the Development Group and motivation for the applied position. Those chosen as Student Representatives will have their full names, emails and photos uploaded to Laureamko’s website.
How to apply?
You can apply as a Student Representative until 31th of October midnight. Laureamko’s Council of representatives will be choosing the applicants of Laurea examining board on 7th of November and Laureamko’s Board will be choosing rest of the applicants at their board meeting on 9st of November. The Development Groups will be named for the whole year of 2024 and they will start operating in January 2024.
To apply for the position of Student Representative, you will need to fill out (https://opku.lime-forms.se/forms/9FwP4N83rsHkNYwYKN8k). These positions are open to any Laurea student. Some of the positions do have stricter requirements.
Applications are open for the following groups:
- Laurea examining board
Laurea-level development groups
- Development group of Online Studies
- Development group of Master’s Degree
Bachelors’ degree Development Groups and Work life Steering Groups
- Student representative of Beauty and cosmetics
- Student representative of Business management
- Student representative of Hospitality management and service design
- Student representative of Information technology
- Student representative of Nursing
- Student representative of Physiotherapy
- Student representative of Public health nursing
- Student representative of Rehabilitation counseling
- Student representative of Safety, security and risk management
- Student representative of Social services
- Student representative of Social services in criminal correction